Monday 21 December 2009

O2 Bad Mobile Network Coverage - Two Laptops or an iPhone?

O2 is experiencing coverage problems again in London, UK. It does not affect all iPhones (and other mobiles using the 3G technology) but it's definitely annoying for those who does affect. Two days have gone by, and they still haven't made an announcement. I called their Customer Service team as I thought that my 1 - week old iPhone was going funny in the SIM, if you know what I mean.

They confirmed they are aware of the existing coverage problems but had not been given a timeline of when the problems is going to be resolved. The representative was unable to confirm why some iPhones were not affected.

It's been two days and I still cannot get my email, of course I cannot send either. I cannot access the internet nor any of the applications that run over the internet. This would be fine if it only happened let's say once a year, but how many times a year have we (O2 customers) have to put up with this? Users in social networks reported the same problem already 5 or 6 times this year alone.

Well, at least it still receives calls and sends messages but let's be honest know... i didn't pay the price of 2 laptops just for that, did I?

Or perhaps did you?

No comments: